Our Fifth Decade
The Northern Virginia Gun Club was organized in
1959, in order to fill a need for persons of modest income who want
to participate in shooting activities. The Club provides all the
essential elements provided by other clubs, but at a per member
cost below that charged elsewhere in the area.
* Long term exclusive use lease of 233 acres in King George County, VA. near Fredericksburg,
VA. This site has general purpose ranges, with covered firing points,
from 25 to 200 yards, 2 skeet fields, 2 trap fields, a camping grove,
IHMSA Pistol Silhouette range and a modified rifle silhouette range.
* Membership meetings are held the third Saturday
of each month (except January) at the NVGC property on SR 218 in
King George County at 12:00 pm.
* Annual Membership Dinner in (January of each year
held at a local restaurant).
* Open House on National Hunting & Fishing Day
and an Annual Club Picnic are held at the Club property
* Club Newsletter issued monthly to members with
news of past, present, and future events and activities.
* Participation: Spring High Power Rifle League,
Winter Smallbore Rifle League, Winter Smallbore Pistol League.
* Conduct Annual Intra-Club Matches High Power Rifle,
Smallbore Rifle, Pistol, Skeet, Trap, Archery, and Silhouette Matches
* Hunting on Club property for workday qualified
* Conduct Annual Marksmanship Programs for Juniors
* ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP for spouse and children,
under 18, who reside with the Club members. These family Associate
Members pay no dues and may participate in non-voting functions
of the Club such as competitions and outings.